How can I download macOS system and app updates available in the App Store?
System updates can be downloaded from the following page: https://support.apple.com/downloads/macos.
Apps can be only updated via App Store. There's no other way. Read more on how to do it.
How can I stop Progressive Downloader intercepting all mp3 files in my browser?
- Launch Progressive Downloader and open The Interceptor's preferences (Plug-in -> The Interceptor -> Preferences).
- Click "Customize File Types" to open the file type selection dialog.
- Select "Multimedia" from the left list and find "MPEG Audio Layer III (mp3)" in the right list.
- Double-click it to remove selection (should become grayed out).
- Hit "OK" to save changes.
- Restart your browser to apply changes.
Are there any differences between the Mac App Store and the site versions?
|Add multimedia into the iTunes library
|Automatic turn off/sleep when all tasks finished
||Installed by the application itself
||Installed by the App Store application
|Power Nap in Active Hours and scheduler
How can I add a new task and start it using AppleScript?
Use the following snippet:
set newTask to make new task
tell newTask to set address to "http://www.example.com"
How do I reset application settings to default state?
Launch Progressive Downloader, from application menu select "Progressive Downloader" -> "Reset to Defaults" and answer "Yes" to reset all application settings.
How to add a new download using command shell?
Use the following command template:
"`defaults read com.PS.PSD psAppPath` -add url [url] cookie [cookies] referer [referrer] destination [destination]"
- "defaults read com.PS.PSD psAppPath" returns path to Progressive Downloader's executable from where it was launched last time.
- [url] could be a link to download or path to file with a bunch of links separated with a new line character (each line is a separate link).
- [cookie] is a path to file with cookies. It's optional so you can omit it.
- You can optionally specify the referring address with [referrer].
- Another optional parameter is [destination], it's the folder where files will be saved.
How to completely uninstall the application?
- Download the uninstall utility.
- Unpack it if it hasn't been done automatically.
- Run the utility (uninstall.command) with a double click.
- Type "Y" (without quotes) and press ENTER.
- Enter your current user's password if asked.
In practice, you should avoid direct downloads to a network share. Progressive Downloader uses best things APFS and HFS+ provide so it's always better to download a file to a local disk and move it anywhere you want when download is finished. This operation can automized:
- Open Preferences.
- Click the "Show More" button.
- Switch to the Integration tab.
- Find the "Automation" section and click "Edit Script".
- Use the snippet below to replace the sub-routine to be called when downloads has finished (starts with "on Complete..." and ends with "end Complete").
- Change the destination path to the one where you want to save downloads.
set source to POSIX file path
set destination to POSIX file "/Volumes/NetworkShare/Downloads" -- Replace the path with the correct mount point of your network share
tell application "Finder"
move source to folder destination with replacing
How to disable automatic updates?
When you want to stick to some particular version of the app, you may need to disable automatic updates. To do so, open Terminal.app and execute the following line:
defaults write com.PS.PSD psCheckForUpdates -bool NO
Use the line bellow to turn automatic update back on:
defaults write com.PS.PSD psCheckForUpdates -bool YES